It's all quackers

Well, my mummy went for a walk with GavGav to see the swans at the top lake yesterday after putting me to bed (I cannot go up there with them as the Geese might have some diseases that they can spread to me!). There are two families of geese, with babies, and apparently mummy says there is now a mummy duck with 5 very small ducklings too. The geese are ever so friendly - they will barge into your hands to get to the food, climb over your legs, and sometimes even into your lap. I do not know if I should be jealous of mummy letting them climb all over her???

They did get some photos to show me:


haha - mummy's hair is going all sorts of weird colours!

I have been at home with GavGav today. He is not working until later in the week. This has been really great for me as it means the patio door can be opened at times to let a bit of a breeze into the room, as it is ever so hot! It gets really stuffy without the breeze, and especially with the dust I produce. No matter how much they spray me, everything still ends up dusty. They need to get a new heppa? filter for the air purifier as the current one is just pure dust now I think!

From where I am sitting I can see the guinea pig, Piggy, and the rabbit, Doris. Poor animals are very hot outside in the sunshine, even though mummy has tried to provide shelter and shade. Doris even has a paddling pool, but she doesn't like to use it. Doris also still has part of her heavy winter coat, but she is very silly and won't let mummy groom her properly - she fights and GavGav has to hold her. The other unfortunate thing about the weather being so lovely, is that the grass isn't growing again. It doesn't grow when it is too cold, or when it is too hot, and the poor Piggy and Doris love their grass.

Thanks for reading. I will hopefully have some more interesting nature events to share with you before too long.

Chucky x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's finish up May

Moving into those April showers

Spider drops