Creatures in the garden

Well mummy woke me up in the sleeptime hours two nights ago! I am only justhaving a chance to tell you about it now as she was using her laptop all evening yesterday, but I get a go now. Everything was normal - I went to bed at about 9pm as usual in Summer and went almost straight to sleep (I may have shouted at them a little bit that I wasn't sleepy, but I didn't scream for very long). Then they both went upstairs to wind down before going to sleep themselves. Then at whatever time it was (after midnight that's for sure), after lots of lights flashing outside the window, I hear footsteps on the stairs. Of course I now need to make a racket so that they know I am awake. Mummy told me she was looking at hedgehogs - there were apparently TWO in the garden! Now mummy does get over-excited about these things - most normal humans would have been excited but just looked out of the bedroom window, but no mummy needed to go and have a close look. Maybe if they kept me uncovered at night I could keep an eye out and let them know if something came into the garden. Although, thinking about it, I might not be able to tell if the dark shape was Doris (the rabbit) or a wild animal, so maybe they are better off keeping me covered for bedtime.

It didn't help that mummy had also put a sand tray in with Doris - and she was doing this all night! Daft little bunny. She didn't really like the hedgehogs - she was stamping on her plastic tube to make them run away - makign a heck of a racket! (Of course this photo is from today and not the middle of the night).

Anyway, I also have some caterpillars to share with you - from on the nettles:



And this little Moth (or large moth actually) was in the living room. He was very big and clumsy and flew away when mummy accidentally pored water on him (he was sitting in the plant pot). We think he is an orange underwing.

Right I best go and get to bed before I get told off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's finish up May

Moving into those April showers

Spider drops