Summer delights

I have quickly hijacked mums computer as she was out in the garden. She was sorting out some of her planters as they were getting a little messy. I was happy as it meant that I got a flower head from the Chard plant, as it is very big and over grown now. The little birds and Doris got some too - but they don't seem to get quite as much enjoyment from it as I do - they just eat it!

I think she still needs to take those dead leaves off the bottom!! You cannot trust her to do anything properly (although she does manage to clean my cage reasonably well - and give me nice new boxes).

She also got a whole load of new stuff for feeding the wild birds! She gets far too much for those guys - I think she must hve just forgotten about me :( This evening she had to go back out to work and so to avoid the Ed Sheeran traffic she went to the nature reserve over there. Of course, she didn't take me and so there are no pictures, but apparently there were a swan pair who had 8 little baby cygnets that were swimming under the walkway bridge. I think they were nesting under there, but by all accounts it sounds like the male swan gave them (mum and GavGav) a bit of a fright when he appeared randomly from under the very low-lying bridge. He then proceeded to chase off the ducks that were on the pond.

Mum said that she could here the cygnets quite a while before the female appeared with them. When she brought them under the bridge, she peeked her head out and gave mum the eyeball before carrying on through and allowed the babies to come out. That I would have loved to have seen, but adult swans do scare me a little!

Anyway I need to go now and hopefully there will be more pictures for my next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's finish up May

Moving into those April showers

Spider drops