Introducing Myself

Hi there,

My mummy has finally decided to write a blog for me - so I can tell you all about the Nature we see around here.

First I would like to introduce myself. I am a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, with some mino behavioural problems. My mummy got me from a pet shop when my previous owner died, and the remaining family were unable to look after me. This was about 8 years ago now! My mummy thinks that I may have had some trouble with the families younger children as my wings were very severely clipped (so that it took 3 years for them to grow back correctly) and I panic if ever I have to sit on somebodies arm, or shoulder, or pretty much anywhere (except maybe their knee if they are petting my head - for a brief time).

I have some noisy little parakeets that share a room with me. They are in two cages of pairs, and they are loud when they get started (although GavGav tells me I am much louder and more annoying - I am not sure I actually believe him). I am not allowed to be in the same room when they come out to play due to my phobic behaviour and the obsession they have with me - especially baby Beau who once gave me a lovely kiss on my beak - much to mummy's horror. When they come out to play I get to go and play upstairs with GavGav - usually telling him how to play his game on the PS2.

I also have a friend that visits me daily, although he doesn't come into the house - he is afraid of mummy and GavGav, and runs away whenever he sees them. He is a crow and it is great having calling competitions with him, and he is ever so clever at getting the food that mummy puts out for the little birdies. We currently have Blue Tits and their fledglings visiting the garden - two separate families, of which mummy is trying to figure out how many are in each. (I know but I am not going to tell her.)

Today a Willow tree came down by the duck pond (I will tell you more about THAT another time) and so mummy went out and got me some twigs and branches to chew. There was a barrier across the path, but that didn't stop mummy from carrying on and getting me some with her choppers. And on that note, I am going to go back to destroying my twigs. I will leave you with a portrait so you can put a face to my name,



Sqwauk back soon,

Chuckster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's finish up May

Moving into those April showers

Spider drops